Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Potty Training!!!!

Oh my how I dreaded trying to potty train Cara!

About a month and a half ago I decided to spend a day at home with Cara and work on potty training. I let her run around pantless all morning and when I noticed some signals I would try to put her on the potty. Boy was she NOT INTERESTED. She would arch her back and scream everytime I would try and place her on the potty. I ended up having to put a diaper on here so she would go... poor thing would hold it for hours because she didn't want to go on the potty. So after a very frustrating day I decided Cara wasn't ready and wasn't even going to try and address the issue again until after her 2nd birthday.

Well about a week ago, Cara came up to me and said "potty" I asked her if she wanted to sit on the big girl potty and go and to my surpise she said "Yes!" I put her on there and she went! I could hardly control my excitement. I made a HUGE deal about it and gave her an m&m. Cara was so excited and she hasn't looked back. We have even ventured out of the house a few times and she has gone potty in strange places. She has obviously had a few accidents and still wakes up in the mornings and after naps wet. We wear pull ups when we will be gone for more than a few hours, at night, and at naps. She has been doing so well and I am sooo proud of her!

The point of this blog post is to tell you not to push potty training too hard. Now I know that most kids won't just tell you they are ready like Cara did. I got extremely lucky! Give it a try here and there and you will know when they are ready! Happy Potty Training mommies!! :)

1 comment: