Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Green Living





The color of my life is green! Green means go....


It seems that I can never keep up with the tasks at hand. Chris (my husband) and I bought a short sale home in the wonderul town of Steilacoom, WA in March of this year. I mentioned it was a short sale because short sale = a shit hole that needs fixing up.


With that being said we did a lot of work on it, we put in new floors, new paint in every room, new carpet, new doors, new apliances, new cabinets, new countertops, etc. You get my point almost everything is NEW!


New = $$$$ = green


While yes, we did alot of work we still have a lot left to do. We need to do the second coat of paint in the bathroom then put up the wainscotting and trim, install sink, move washer and dryer into said bathroom, do backsplash in kitchen, new window sills, trim/molding in whole house, paint the new doors, trim bathroom mirrors, finish hanging pictures, etc. the list goes on and on! While I absolutely love being able to decorate and do whatever I want in my own home, I do reminise on the days when there was a leaky faucet and I could call my landlord to come fix it. I guess I am my own landlord.


We have been living in this house since April and really haven't done much! I knew this was going to happen, we move in and life becomes "comfortable" and we realize that we can survive without painted doors and trim. I find myself saying to people when they come see the house "oh, we just moved in and it's a work in progress!" How long can I use the "we just moved in excuse?"


I am hoping by sharing this with the world that it will make me get my butt in gear and get some things done around the house. Now we can't do everything right now that we would like to... like relandscape our backyard, but we can paint, hang pictures, etc. Those things don't require yep, you guessed it Green. Money rules the roost and without it life can become a little less comfortable. If I just had an unlimited amount of money I could hire someone to come in and finish all these daunting tasks for me... until then I will keep posting about how much crap I have to get done! Thanks for reading.... I will post pics of the finished product in 2 years ;)





1 comment:

  1. Saw you post this on FB so took a look. You took the words outta my mouth girl! That's the exact reason we haven't fixed our doors in our house...we just moved in! HAHAAA In Sept. 08 - but that still counts right?

    Its so hard to get around to it all. In the end, were lucky to have jobs & shelter, right? <3 Kara Buskirk

    ReplyDelete